Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Picasso, eat your heart out!

Hope has been into painting ever since she could hold a paint brush. She has several kinds of paint and several kinds of brushes, but her favorite is the skinny brushes with the tiny pots of paint in tons of colors. She used to be bad about mixing the colors until they were all grey/brown, but I think she's moved on from that.



What's newsworthy is that all of a sudden she has an image in mind when she's painting. It used to be just random blobs, and I think it was more about the fun process than the end product. But now she'll tell me "this is a rocketship," or "this is Jesus in the manger." She made a picture for my Dad's birthday and declared it to be "snakes and rocks" - right up his alley.



I miss taking her to art class and seeing what her imagination would come up with every week. Maybe when Grant is a little older we can get back into that kind of thing. I don't think I'm brave enough to take both of them!

2 comments:

Corinne said...

So cute! I love seeing kids being creative and seeing what comes out :-)

amy@flexibledreams said...

Can you send me an email about where you guys went to art class? I bet Hannah would love that!

It took me a long time to get over the mixing of playdoh colors.