Tuesday, September 9, 2008

For the love of shoes!

Is a love of shoes genetic, or is it learned? Either way, Hope's got it! She has a plethora of shoes, to include a drawer-full of pairs that are still too big.


Nevertheless, we made a pass through the shoe section at Target the other day to buy her some slippers. While I picked out a pair of adorable, pink, Isotoner lookalikes she and Daddy strolled to the next aisle. When I saw them next, she was sporting a pair of black patent mary-janes and a BIG smile. Daddy looked a little confused. Why? Because he couldn't believe the gusto she put into stopping their stroll, leaning over for the exact shoes that caught her eye, using very precise body language to tell him she'd like to put them on, and admiring how pretty they looked on her feet. Seriously, she was as pleased as she could be!

Stand by for pictures of her in the new shoes come this winter. For now, here's another favorite pair on her little puddin' feet:

4 comments:

Corinne said...

AWWW! I love those-they're like little ruby slippers but better because they're hot pink! Ella would love those. I attest to her real love for shoes. She totally modeled them the other day, sticking her foot out and pointing to make sure I admired them. She cracks me up!

Holly said...

That was hilarious when she modeled her slipper for you! I wish I could have captured that moment :)

Jen @ Rolling Through Looneyville said...

Those pink shoes are absolutely adorable!

There's something about these girls and shoes. I don't know that it's hereditary on this end as I HATE SHOES! But my Bean has more of them than she knows what to do with and is expressly determined to pick out the pairs herself

amy@flexibledreams said...

Hannah's favorite shoes? Whatever Ella was wearing when she walked in the door. It only takes them about three seconds to switch shoes.