Friday, May 23, 2014

The girl I like

Hope's classmate, Chukwuma, has a serious crush on her. Daddy said he could tell when he went in for lunch one day last week - apparently Chukwuma did his best to sit next to Hope at lunch. Then a few days ago she brought home a card he made for her. I wish I'd taken a picture of it because it was adorable. It said "HOPE" in the middle, colored beautifully like a rainbow and surrounded by stars. Then along the bottom of the page he wrote, "Hope is the girl that I like!" On the back it said "Hope is my gf." Well, I'm very sorry Chukwuma but Hope is SEVEN. She's not going to be old enough to have a boyfriend for a long time (longer, as far as Daddy is concerned).

Hope thinks Chukwuma is nice, but she's not into him. Still, we had a little talk about how she's not old enough to be thinking about girlfriend/boyfriend stuff, and that she should just tell him that. And emphasize that they're friends. I wanted her to let the poor guy down easy!

I was at school today for field day, and practically as soon as I got there Chukwuma came up to me and asked why Hope can't be his girlfriend. I repeated the bit about them not being old enough. His response? "How much longer? I can wait!"

No comments: