Friday, November 28, 2008

One of these does not belong

Isn't there a song that says something like that? Well, that was Hope's theme song last night while we were coloring with crayons.

She was happily coloring away, picking out crayons from the Cinderella lunchbox she keeps them in, when suddenly something got her attention. There in the box, mixed in with all the regular size crayons, was a big crayon that came from someplace else. She pulled her eyebrows down to make her 'I'm concentrating very hard' face, handed me the offending big crayon, and said "No." I laughed a little and joked that she was being too much like Mommy, then I snuck the crayon back in the box when she wasn't looking. When she found it in the box again she promptly handed it to me, made her 'I'm serious' face, and said "NO!" Uh oh, I thought, she really cares about this! One more time for good measure, and to see if it was a fluke. Nope. On round three she pulled the crayon out, held it up to me (as if to say, 'I'm giving you this visual demonstration because clearly you don't get it') and said "No. No. No!"

I wonder where she learned to be so persnickety? :)

No comments: