Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Grant goes to preschool!

Grant and I are both so happy that he can go to preschool this year! He thrives on the time with playmates, and the independence is so good for him. And I get two hours twice a week to myself :)

There are several big, popular preschools near us but we opted against them. Their school days are twice as long, and they're more than twice as expensive. We figured he'll go to school all day every day soon enough, let's let him enjoy being a little kid while he is one! This little country preschool we found is adorable - it reminds me a lot of the preschool Hope attended, but smaller. The two teachers have been there for 18 years, and seem like they absolutely love it. So far, Grant is a happy preschooler!

Because his birthday falls just after the September 1st age cut-off, Grant has to be in the 3's class instead of the 4's. I go back and forth about him being the oldest in class. Some days I lament that he seems so ready for school and I can't believe it'll be so long before he can go. But then I think that it can't hurt him to have another year at home, and maybe being a little older will be good for him. He'll certainly be the biggest in his class, no matter what!

For now, Grant is very happy with his school and teachers and classmates. This little friend, Sydney, is a favorite. She has strawberry blonde hair and giggles at Grant's silly faces. They're completely adorable together!

No comments: