Grandma has been reminding me lately that it's been a long time since I wrote any White Bread Days posts. And a really long time since I was doing it regularly. Part of me feels pretty bad about that, because I know that these memories (and the books they've turned into) are priceless. The kids and I love to look through and remember together. But another part of me realizes this is part of them growing up. Their milestones come fewer and farther between now, they don't have as many funny words or anecdotes to record, and because they're older I'm now devoting a lot of my time to my own work and interests.
I just looked through here and realized that this blog started when Hope was less than a year old, and it's been going for nearly ten years. Ten whole years of white bread days. I'm not quite ready to say that I'm packing it in and calling it quits, but I'm willing to say that this feels significant and timely and if this blog tapers off into a place to store and print family photos, I think I'm ok with that.
Hope and Grant continue to delight and amaze me on a regular basis. And the more they get out into the world, the more I see them delighting and amazing everyone else too. While nothing compares to the sweetness of having babies at home, these days are still pretty rich and I think I have more "white bread days" on the horizon, thank God!
Truly, thanks to God. This little family we've built is nothing short of His grace poured out time and time and time again. The things that tie us together are stronger than the things we do that drive each other crazy, and the ferociousness of our affection for each other is mightier than the daily drain of keeping up with a busy household. It's good, good life.
No comments:
Post a Comment