Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Creamery

Last weekend we took advantage of the fabulous weather to visit a creamery. It wasn't exactly all it was advertised to be, which isn't what you want when you purposefully forego naptime for a day trip, but it was certainly memorable and I'm sure we're all glad that we went.

Our first stop was at the "milking parlor." Daddy thought it was amusing that the cows were listening to the Top 40 radio while being milked. Hope thought it was amusing that the cows pump their milk, "just like Mommy!" How flattering ...


Our next "must-do" was to sample the fresh ice cream. As she somehow always does, Hope picked the best flavor and ate every drop. I wished I had opted for double chocolate, as she did, but Grant was very pleased with my choice of caramel swirl :)

We had some time to kill before the main attraction, so we poked around a little. There were a few other animals to see, a playground, and some toy trucks in a pile of gravel. But mostly, we amused ourselves:


But soon enough it was time for what we'd really come to do: bottle-feed the baby cows! They were SO STINKIN' CUTE. I expected them to be bigger, but they were basically the same size as Hope. She was leery of petting them at first, because some of them tried to lick us, but eventually she warmed up to the idea.


They were very interested in us too :)


Wouldn't you know that right when they brought in the bottles for the calves, THAT is when my camera battery died! I'm still upset about it! But honestly, the crazy strong suction of those babies made feeding them a full body workout - I'm not sure I could have done that and wrangled the kids and taken pictures!

No comments: